amphion one18

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
FWIW, I have received my amphion one18 studio monitors.

Short and sweet, they are by far the best speaker I have ever heard. they slay, destroy and annihilate everything I have ever heard before? talk about a nuit de noce. my best friend and girlfriend that has followed every step in my hobby for 5 years now and who has heard all the variation of my systems are also blown away and cannot believe how good the amphion are. its like, I was in low-fi all this time, and now, this is hifi!

Thing is, its such a huge step compared to what I have had in the past: audio note anj, ref 3a decapo, focal cms 50, MA audio 12p, fe-127 fostex.

I will not state all ive heard also, only what I have had in my room

The amphion one 18 is so transparent I thought the decapo was transparent, but the amphion is another big leap forward. the amphion one 18 is the most amazing sound I have ever heard. the bass is so clear, controlled and full yet just right. Its hard to describe but the bass is perfectly like you hear on headphones. clean, stop go stop go, kind of bass. always right with the right amount of punch. never boomy. weird seriously. it doesnt seem to bounce off the wall like all the other speaker I have ever had. it kind of stick to the image and with the sounds, never kind of escape. Its the best way I can describe the effect. They sound like my continuum for that. the but the continuum do not image even close to the amphion, but the bass of the amphion is like sealed enclosure, but better :). I think the enclosure makes the sound not escape to much and reverbate in the room, they seem to interact less with the room then everything else I have had in my room.

Mentioning dynamics doesnt even make justice on how fast the speaker is. its like theres no speaker anymore. Its definitely the most dynamic sound I have ever heard. The overall resolution is so clear, its like no speaker. they disapear ridiculously. its like I hear the sound, no speaker in a room at all.

The amphion one18 beats the transparency of my hd 650 easily imaging is scary. phantom center is the most stable, pin point image I have ever heard. I hear the most subtle musical information, I can isolate every sound and analyse what is happening in the mix.

The thing that is the most impressive is how much of the reverbs and the room used in the production! I can hear all the small details of reverb, all the delay in the notes. a piano with all the harmonics are portrayed in a way I didnt knew it was possible. I can hear every back vocalist and almost focus on them and understand each delay of singners and sustain notes of instruments ect I can honestly say I have never experience that, not even in headphones. You hear all the details in the instruments. the harmonics of the piano is all there, they breathe and all the hard sustain and delayed notes are all portrayed. I feel there no speaker, but the real piano. thers a presence in the sound, a 3d sound literally.

The image is lock stable. the singer stay at the same exact spot, as well as the trumpet or whatever, they do not move on the soundstage. I have had the decapo to do sometime like this, but the amphion is much better.. always normally, the image seems to kind of float and drift just a little. Not with the amphion. it slock stable and on the right position on the stage and you can focus profondly on the voice. like seriously every details of the voice. I hear details in the voice expression I have never heard???even on other hifi system, I have nver heard this amount of details and resolution.

I'm in heaven! :)

Last edited:
Amphion pro website is here One18 | Amphion
and the plant is some 100 miles from where I live!
I didn't find measurements, but Amphion is one of the pioneers of waveguides. Their Argon was close to One18. It is however hard to believe that the pro series would be anything really ecxeptional.
cool
but yeah, they are really good.

but seriously, how can you say by looking at a picture to evaluate a speaker sound. just doesnt work like that, not even close.

have a listen since its in your country!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.