Audax drivers in Australia

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
audax drivers in Australia

Hi
why not taking a look at:

http://www.audax.fr

they have an english language site just in case you dont "parleevoufrancey"!
;)
you can maybe order directy from them

You can also ask: La Maison du Haut Parleur in Paris, maybe they'll ship you?

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/bruno.gest/structure_cadre.htm

or ask Audax HongKong representative, which is certainly nearer to Australia.

By the way they dont do anymore glass fiber speakers (see standard peakers HP210F0 which is pressed steel basket)
and They still give ME Technologies in their list :
http://www.me-au.com/

regards
docjoe

michael said:
AHAHAHAHAHA im thinking of buying some VAF speakers but want to find another place to get the audax drivers so that i can do the kit by myself without plans and hopefully cheaper. Just trying to find out if i can.
Michael, be very, very careful here. I do not know for fact about the units used in the VAF series (I own some I-66's ..... and very nice they are too!) but many manufacturers use slightly modified units specific for their needs. So, even if the driver "looks" outwardly like "driver-x" you may not get the same result building the kit.

At first look you might think their kits are way too expensive for what is in them. Having built speakers in my youth I was looking at trying the Thor design myself. The cost of speakers in Oz was over $2000, then we add > $600 in xover parts, then cabinets, veneer, buying a router, clamps etc and it was clear to me the project would cost $3.5-4k to build in Oz.

I bought a demo pair of VAF-I66s for $4400 and had the peace of mind of knowing exactly what I was getting. Plus a perfect finish, which I suspect I would not have reproduced :rolleyes:

If you are set-up for speaker building like a lot of folks here, then the above does not apply. You also loose the genuine thrill of listening to something you designed/build yourself, etc. I am merely trying to point-out that the kits from VAF are actually "reasonably priced" for what they are.

VAF are also very accomodating for DIY folks and will provide any help they can. Before I bought my I66s they let me bring-in my Aleph5 etc and have the main listening room for a whole morning.

cheers
mark

PS: I do not have shares in the company

HMM thanks everyone for your input so far, i think that VAF will probably be pretty good value considering everything, especially if i bought them withoout boxes. Now i am just after the audax prices here in aust to compare them against australias easy to get drivers such as Vifa, peerless, SS and seas. Many people have used audax so i would like to have a go at them sometime on a small scale.

Regarding the DCX , you can see the drawings in
Electronics Australia Mag , Jan 1997 issue.....
The original bass drivers are "HT210F2 industrial" custom
made for Vaf , the closest replacement would be HT210F0 which
I think is dis-continued.
The xover is just 1 Cap & 1 Res in series.

There is also drawings for the I93's in Electronics Aust Jan 2000

Having said that I reckon it's best to buy the kit.
Andrew

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.