JBL 4311.5

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I`m in the process of a major restore and toying with the idea of re orienting the cabinet a la 4312.
There is no doubt as to the benefits of such a configuration however, I do not wish to upset the Audio Gods by doing so.
Since the enclosures are currently devoid of drivers and the crossovers are being rebuilt, now would be the time to make a decision. The L-Pads would have to be flipped upside down and rewired Hi/Mid from the current Mid/Hi and re located. The capacitors would most likely have to be relocated as well because of LE5 mid chamber interference.
All in all , not terribly labor intensive compared to what a been done far. Has anyone seen this done before?
My plans for this pair as far as being keepers is undetermined at the moment, how would such a mod impact resale value?
Like I said, I`m just playing with he idea, what do you all think?

Attachments

• JBL 4311.5.jpg
    JBL 4311.5.jpg
    327.5 KB · Views: 86
Joined 2008
Paid Member
4311's

I`m in the process of a major restore and toying with the idea of re orienting the cabinet a la 4312.
There is no doubt as to the benefits of such a configuration however, I do not wish to upset the Audio Gods by doing so.
Since the enclosures are currently devoid of drivers and the crossovers are being rebuilt, now would be the time to make a decision. The L-Pads would have to be flipped upside down and rewired Hi/Mid from the current Mid/Hi and re located. The capacitors would most likely have to be relocated as well because of LE5 mid chamber interference.
All in all , not terribly labor intensive compared to what a been done far. Has anyone seen this done before?
My plans for this pair as far as being keepers is undetermined at the moment, how would such a mod impact resale value?
Like I said, I`m just playing with he idea, what do you all think?

My 4311's have the controls at the bottom, same as yours. I'm not familar with the differences between them and the 4312's, other than what you have shown in the picture. My concern with them has always been the identicle driver layout on the baffle board, as opposed to being mirror imaged.
That is what I would do if anything at all, or I'd at least start there. But this would not be a small undertaking.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.