Rebuilding The Great Technics SB-X50

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
don't lose that number

Please see "Yamanaka crossover". Not that I understand the theory but by altering the xover ie: resistence you may lose the stereo image spread and depth these linear phase speakers can deliver. Jumper wiring the safety switches (which is reversable)and cleaning the volume controls would be all I would do to these desirable SB-X50 models which I wish I owned.

Just altering internal speaker wire length by inches collapsed the soundfield on my
Technics SB-T10 models. Mine featured twin cracked circuit boards that also required jumpering. I cannot recommend the T-10 except for a mad hobbiest that can pick them up for less than $60(cheesey cabs and xover boards). They can however expose you to a taste of the elaborite soundfield many of the Technics linear phase models are capable of.

Last edited:
less than minimum wage mods ink

Added banana jacks to sb-T10s, jumpered past protection steel spring reset thingies. Took two fine strands of cat 5 and carefully measured to match exsisting internal speaker wires and jumpered wires (soldered in place).(reversable if you make a mstake) Sound is now less veiled. Very listenable but would now use audioquest silver coated copper speaker wire if I had some.Original wiring was very thin like in the small aluminum F2 etc.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.