Are these monitors suitable for a home audio system?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Are the monitors below suitable for a home audio system? Or should I be considering speakers, not monitors? Essentially I just want to connect them to an Apple TV and create a headless stereo, to stream music to. I currently have this setup using Behringer MS40 speakers.

I was looking for a bit more punch, and also speakers which have a stand-by/sleep mode, so I don't have to power them on/off.

KRK RP8G3-NA Rokit 8 Generation 3 Powered Studio Monitor

Are the monitors below suitable for a home audio system? Or should I be considering speakers, not monitors? Essentially I just want to connect them to an Apple TV and create a headless stereo, to stream music to. I currently have this setup using Behringer MS40 speakers.

I was looking for a bit more punch, and also speakers which have a stand-by/sleep mode, so I don't have to power them on/off.

KRK RP8G3-NA Rokit 8 Generation 3 Powered Studio Monitor

Sure, these are fine. A speaker is a speaker all day long, so don't let the word "monitor" mislead you. If you like them, use them. Enjoy!

Greg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.