Epos M12i crossover help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well adding the resistors to attenuate the tweeter, a new cap for high pass and changing the internal wiring was a huge faff. The cab is very tight inside. But I've done it and so far so good. Certainly an improvement with the tweeter level being dropped a bit. It seems to give the impression of a bit more low end punch - I guess its because I can turn it up a bit more before the treble starts to bother me.

Anyway. Pleased. [emoji1]

Reactions: 1 user
Hi Karl,
I hope I am not too late. I have an Epos M12i too. With modification on the crossover. It is certainly a rough diamond. The tweeter is hard to work with, but I've found the way to do it correctly.

I am not sure your crossover having the tweeter crossover network soldered wrongly on to the bass terminal binding post, mine do.

My tweeter is attenuated with L Pad instead of the series tweeter alone. KIwame resistor too. The Cap is Obbligato. 1 thing for sure, it is very smooth and even after this mod. You dont really need the Zobel network.

I am thinking on selling it.. but I believe I may regret it because it seem to be the last Speaker that runs on crossoverless woofer from Epos. And it is the same woofer design since the dawn of the famous ES range.

Do reply if you want to know more details. Thanks.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.