Oris 150 horn?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
You can figure out the dimensions by tractrix formula or hornresp.

In hornresp, a tractix horn with 150Hz cutoff is:

mouth: 4185 cm^2 (or 73 cm in diameter)
throat: 250.62 cm^2 (or 17.86 cm in diameter) - for 8" Lowther or other 7~10" drivers
length: 40.7 cm

The Oris 150 has roundover at the mouth, so the overall diameter is strecthed a bit to 76 cm or so.

Formula here: Tractrix - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

ps. I don't need another pair. Thank you.

You can figure out the dimensions by tractrix formula or hornresp.

In hornresp, a tractix horn with 150Hz cutoff is:

mouth: 4185 cm^2 (or 73 cm in diameter)
throat: 250.62 cm^2 (or 17.86 cm in diameter) - for 8" Lowther or other 7~10" drivers
length: 40.7 cm

The Oris 150 has roundover at the mouth, so the overall diameter is strecthed a bit to 76 cm or so.

Formula here: Tractrix - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

ps. I don't need another pair. Thank you.

Thanks for the input
I have Tractrix calculator but Oris 150 is different. it's not a pure Tractrix. it's a bit different. I know the basic info about them but I want the ark curve

thanks anyway,

If you had played some sims in hornresp, you would've known that minor changes to the curve affect the response very little.

And, don't forget all the 'imperfections' on the big throat and the driver itself, which is the starting point of the whole thing. In addition, such big throat mid horn is not very effective above 1-2k Hz, effort (and obsession) on the minor detail of horn contour won't give you much reward.

In case you are interested in buying a pair of Oris 150 horns I was just thinking putting mine up for sale at eBay. I bought mine from Doppenberg in Holland about ten years ago but I never had a chance to finish the project I had in mind. My horns are still unused, they are painted in high gloss red. Please let me know if you are interested.

Oris 150 Horn

Hello,

here is Jürgen from Germany.
I am inetressted in an Oris Horn 150.

You wrote, that you have the precise plan an you can send it?

(sorry for my bad english)

Is ist posible to sende it to me?

j.fleck@gmx.net or jdot@gmx.de

I hope you will answer.

Thanks a lot.

Greedings
Jürgen

I obtained Oris 150 precise plan. in case anybody needs it, send me pm

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.