SATORI MW16P-8 vs 18WU/8741T00 or 18WU/4741T00

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The price of the MW16P is now in front of the Revelator 18W/4531G00, so I thinks you cannot compare with 18WU.
Anyway SD and size is not the same, but load volume is more or less identical, not easy to compare.

With the new price I thinks the MW16P is very attractive, we see it at 288$ at the beginning.
Personally, if I have to do a two way with one of this drivers I will use D3004/6620 or Satori TW29R as tweeter.

Depends on what you consider 'compared', Zaph has done objective measurements of them all and the Satori has better linearity than either of the SS drivers.

The only thing that the Illuminator has is its very large linear excursion capabilities, but beyond that the Revelator > than it.

Depends on what you consider 'compared', Zaph has done objective measurements of them all and the Satori has better linearity than either of the SS drivers.

The only thing that the Illuminator has is its very large linear excursion capabilities, but beyond that the Revelator > than it.

Revelators better than Satori? unbelievable when we look at the distortion figures satori seems way ahead. Even in Wilson Audio review in Sasha Speaker making he says that the current speaker is way better than the industry standard revelators.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.