What would you do

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I had the great luck of snagging a mirrored pair of Hartley Concert Masters. I popped them open and to my delight they are are Model 5s. They have 24" 224hs super woofers, 10" 220 msg (full range), 7" 207msg super tweeters, and what I believe are Phillips 1" super tweeters. I know the 224hs and the 220msg have stellar reputations. My question to you is this. If you owned these speakers, what would you build? I also have a set of Altec Lansing Valencias. If you wanted for any reason to throw in the 15" or the horn from them into the mix, have fun. Just curious what I can glean from minds much more educated in this field than my minute audio knowledge. Thanks in advance everyone.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    149.3 KB · Views: 67
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    160.5 KB · Views: 62
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    99.3 KB · Views: 56
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    79.8 KB · Views: 58
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 58
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    45.5 KB · Views: 23
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    42.4 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
I would sell all on Ebay for whatever I could get and buy modern drivers and build a proven design. That 24 inch "woofer" isn't and wasn't a "steller" performer. That metal heatsink sticking out the front of the driver produced frequencies well into the mid frequencies and beyond. I remember someone testing the weird looking spider on that driver and it produced tons of distortion.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.