AE TD10M (1) or two Faital 8FH200 with SEOS 10/BMS 4550

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I use the 8PR200 a lot in smaller monitors for pro use, think
it is, to my ears, the best 8" there is.

For domestic use i like this one very much:

eddie009_zps6ec59106.jpg

2x 8PR200 and the FD371 HF unit.

eddie1_zps06a76824.jpg

In my fairly large room, ca 55sqm, they meassure, from listening
position about 5m from the speakers, like this:

eddiemaumlt1_zpsf5e235bd.png

Ingvar

Zalytron is out of business or PHL is out of business?
If I'm not mistaken, all of these small shops seem to be doing fine. (Meniscus, Speaker City, Zalytron, E-Speakers.)

As far as PHL goes, it seems like manufacturing in general is moving to countries where it's cheaper to build things. All of my Vifa, Peerless and Seas drivers from ten years ago were built in Europe, while nearly 100% of the drivers I buy nowadays are built in China (Vifa, Peerless, Dayton), India (Peerless), Brazil (B&C, Selenium), Mexico (JBL), the Phillipines (Bohlender Graebner) or Vietnam (P-Audio.)

PHL and Audax were made in France IIRC. Not the cheapest place to build things I'm afraid. MB Quart was built in Germany; are they still around? I believe Morel was made in both the UK and Israel, but that's a whole 'nother story entirely. (cough-cough, there's TWO Morels)

Reactions: 1 user
depends if its sealed or vented, but either way it will be more than 115db by calculated xmax

94db/97db (8ohm/4ohm) with one watt and 500watts power handling nets only 115db?

Vented in 1L tuned to 60hz crossed at 80-90hz should be a lot higher than that. I guess a second one in a TMM to help out with the bottom end only would add 6db? I know xmax isnt so great

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.