Help choosing Scanspeak

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi! I have been using ProAc Response 2.5 clone some yrs ago and now I am looking for tweeter drivers for a new build.

I like the sound in Scanspeak but have heard of tweeters that are better and a size larger. What do you recommend for a step up there? I am looking for a soft touch to it and clean, not to harsh.

Thanks for advices.

Ok the D2095/9300 perhaps is the way to go. I remember listening to them and they was really clean and soft. How is the "peer point" in those? The 2.5-Clone was just a big sound wall.

I am planning a complete new 3 way build. And working my way down. Would a Dayton Euro 7" be a good match?
Dayton Audio ES180-8 7" Euro Series Paper/Fiber Woofe | 295-350

I can say that i would like to have some "peer point" effect

This was my old pearls. Sold since a couple of years. Don't remember what the driver model number was tough

Attachments

• kloner.jpg
    kloner.jpg
    216.9 KB · Views: 148
It comes down to your capability as a designer and time and money you want to invest.
For a 3 way build D2010 is fine. It depends more on what you are asking it to do.
If you crossing it to a small 3" mid around 3khz, it's just fine and dandy.
That Dayton/Usher driver is not available. Usher 8945A and couple of other drivers can be used.
Are you looking to design and build from scratch or build a kit? Whats the budget? How are your woodworking skills?
Scan makes a lot of drivers and there are a lot of possibilities.

Ok the D2095/9300 perhaps is the way to go. I remember listening to them and they was really clean and soft. How is the "peer point" in those? The 2.5-Clone was just a big sound wall.

I am planning a complete new 3 way build. And working my way down.

Then use a real midrange.. ;)

IF you like a low crossover point for the tweeter then here is a grouping:

New Transducer Labs N26 Ceramic Tweeter - Page 2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.