Fostex 206 + 15" woof project

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
actually I built a Fostex FE206EN for a friend a couple of years ago, the factory BLH (contrary to my personal preference) and he liked the sound! recently I added the speaker a BSC with a slightly improvement. now his brother wants a speaker and he want to give the BLH away and want another pr of speaker. he has purchased a pair of 206EN and he want me to do the construction for him but he demands more bass. I suggested him to go for a two way, 206 Xed about 200hz and a 15-incher for the lower frequencies. the result will be a more dynamic sound with richer and deeper bass and less distortion in mid areas due to low interference.
the plan is to use passive XOver, sealed enclosure for 206 and BR for 15" woof. I think 1st order 6dB/octave will do job but I'm gonna tweak with active XOver I got. I have access to B&C, Faital Pro, Eminence, 18-sound and Beyma drivers (15 minutes away from B&C!) and I got some CW1526 from Bob. I thought to go for a ~150 - 220L BR cabinet for the 15" driver.
I wanted ideas about such a project, thought someone might have done this before and might be kind enough to come up with his (or her :ِ) experiences

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.