Bi Wire X Over Help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I would like to add binding posts to a pair of vintage Braun L810s. The attached shows the usual - + single wire that is part of the original setup. Is it possible to wire the X over for Bi Wire duty and if so how do I do this? Thanks for any help on this. I presume it is not as simple as wiring 4 posts in parallel.

Attachments

• BraunL810Xover.jpg
    BraunL810Xover.jpg
    863.8 KB · Views: 88
  • BraunL810Xover2.jpg
    BraunL810Xover2.jpg
    466.8 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
You need to remove the board and trace out the connection of components before doing anything else. Mark the cables going IN and the leads coming out to the drivers with a marking pen on the crossover board. That way you will not make any mistakes, especially if you cut off the wires to remove the board.

From your picture alone nothing can be done. Make the schematic first.

Joined 2011
Paid Member
This should probably be moved to the multi-way area.

But, what you need to do is find where the crossover is split.

Generally the tweeter circuit starts with a capacitor, sometimes with a resistor and then a capacitor.

Generally the woofer circuit starts with an inductor,

Those will be your + points and you will need to separate them there.
Then follow the - post on each driver back to the crossover board, that will give you the - points. You may need to separate them there also.

However, if this uses a series crossover then all bets are off.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.