Need some thoughts on setup with multi-subs.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am planning a stereo + multi-sub setup.

Here are the different scenarios.

1. Laptop headphone/line out -> t-amp -> speaker out -> speakers. headphone out -> line in on subwoofer
plate amp -> plate amp 2 -> plate amp 3.

2. Laptop -> usb -> hifimediy dac -> rest same as above. This one is more since the laptop out is a bit scratchy. But I could fix it with some rubbing alchohol.

3. Laptop headphone/line out -> line in on subwoofer plate amp 1 -> plate amp 2 -> plate amp 3 -> line out -> t-amp -> speakers.

I know the hifimediy puts out a full 2v rms on its line out. Not so sure about the laptop line out. I asked previously on another thread and I was told a headphone cum line out should have enough current to drive so many amps. Is that the only thing to be concerned about? What about impedance?

Back to the issue of gain structure. I have done some reading. However, I want to pick the best scenario in terms of maintaining the best S/N.

In case none of the above are ideal or even workable scenarios, I could get something like a fiio e09k. It has a fixed line out and a variable line out, that put out 2v and 0-6v rms respectively. Then it's a question of which line out to the stereo amp and which to the sub amp. I guess that depends on the input sensitivities of each. Finally, on the input gain side. For the stereo amp, how high or how low is ideal? Most low to mid power class d/t amps that have their specs listed, have an adjustable gain in the range of 23-30 db gain. Is it desirable to have an even lower input gain in such a scenario?

Thanks.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.