Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Floor-to-ceiling array vs CBT
Floor-to-ceiling array vs CBT
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 16th April 2018, 09:48 PM   #291
Hydrogen Alex is offline Hydrogen Alex  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Default So true, totally agree with Patrick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
That has got to be some of the most egregious BS I've ever seen in a loudspeaker ad, and I've seen some whoppers:<snip>
Plus one... Great post!

PS Your post on the B&O patent / tech is fantastic.... Thanks for all your time and effort.
Old 16th April 2018, 10:28 PM   #292
jeno is offline jeno  Norway
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
That has got to be some of the most egregious BS I've ever seen in a loudspeaker ad, and I've seen some whoppers: <snip>
You may be right, and I agree about the tweeter. Anyway there is no music with that much high frequency content, so if it plays 130dB in the bass it can be much lower in the highes and still keep up. They said somewhere online that they fed these speakers with some LabGruppens full throttle without breaking them. The diphragmas are supposed to be very rigid. These speakers were the last work of David Graebener before he passed away from cancer some years ago.
Despite the lack of measurements and the oligark price tag I think these speakers may have some merit.
Old 16th April 2018, 11:25 PM   #293
Hydrogen Alex is offline Hydrogen Alex  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Default ".... IF it plays at 130dB IN THE BASS..."

IF is a big word.... There is no way it does that.

On wall ( in wall even better) sealed box bass systems are a superb idea and there are ways to make 120dB at 1 meter at 20Hz possible...

Using multiple (depending on room size and listening position) 5 inch voice coil 15 and 18 inch Pro drivers combined with 2Kw to 8 Kw of ultra clean power and serious DSP (not mini DSP!) and 3 / 6 / 9 dB boundary / wall / corner room gain one can hit "120 at 20" in room.

BUT this wisdom model is not one of them!
Old 17th April 2018, 04:16 PM   #294
jeno is offline jeno  Norway
diyAudio Member

I don't want to look like an advocate for overprised products with bold claims, but I also think the critisism should be fair and not out of context like some of the posts above.

The Wisdom Audio LS4 is a 2m tall 100dB/2,83V/m linesource intended to be used above 80 Hz. The above comment is therefore without relevance. (I think) It has a SD of about 7600cm2 for 80 - 750 Hz. The thinfilm obviously can't move much, but this is SD about the same as six 18 inch drivers. So I don't know if 130dB is possible or not. It may be close though.

It is intended to be used with double 15" tapped horns below 80 Hz by the way. I still think it look interesting.

Floor-to-ceiling array vs CBTHide this!Advertise here!