Roy Allison Model Three...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I have an interesting situation where I need to put a speaker into a corner. Selling hifi, building it, and reading about it for years has always said this is the worst place to put a loudspeaker. Some digging revealed that the Allison Model 3 was designed for exactly this type of placement utilizing the boundary reinforcement to extend the bass while simultaneously smoothing the low frequency problems due to room interaction. Does anyone have any modern examples of speakers like this? Duke at Audio Kinesis has some models designed specifically for corner placement and there is of course the Klipsch classic.

Best,

Chris

Last edited:
I've had a pair of Model four
My first speakers :hbeat:
They had the two tweeters placed at the extremes on the (about 45 ° ) baffles.
The woofer was placed on the top :rolleyes:
Now I reckon a certain similarity with the model Three ...
I always placed them on their special stands - plastic modular stools
and not directly to the wall but well away, as the corners, too.
So- if they follow the same conjecture that led to make the mod. Three - reinforcement from the near boundaries, that should be applied also for the tweeter side only. as in the mod. Four, which I never placed near a corner, or, if I did, I was well aware that if only a speaker had to be placed in one corner...well, the situation changes- but this happens everyday with every source.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.