The Eminence Beta CX-10 . What have you done with it lately ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
After a lot of delay and various problems I rigged up my CX10 again along with the bass unit yesterday. Both OB of course but the bass unit ( 18 inch , Eminence EPA-CHP-3018LF) has short wings. The HF is an ASD1001 compression driver.
Currently I'm using Eminence's own crossover PXB2 2k5CX .

No LF eq on the CX10 yet . The 18 inch bass driver isn't powered up yet. On the OB it's Qts is 0.33 and Fs is about 24.9 Hz.
The CX10 on the OB measures as follows:
Fs 49 Hz and Qts 0.48

Been playing it as is and it sounds promising . But as expected the bass roll off makes it sound 'light' ! Will need to add the bass eq after I measure the response. I plan to take all measurements in the actual listening position.

Did anyone add a series resistor to increase the effective Q of the driver to improve the LF response without eq ? Maybe it's just a waste of power I guess when it can be actively equalised.

I'm playing The Best of Jake Concepcion and just turned up the volume. Sounds superb even with all the current shortcomings ! Will try out a curved wing behind the CX10 to improve the LF extension, before eq.

Last edited:
Quick update: I added a wing behind the CX10. About 7 inches deep.
Sounds terrible. The sound became more noisy , louder lower mid and lost the balance of sound that it had earlier. Was a sort of cuppy sound . Didn't hear any improvement in the LF which was the reason why I added it !
With just a flat baffle it sounds best ! I'll just have to equalise the LF in the amp. Need to measure the response to determine how low it can go without too much eq. I want to try and get down to 80Hz with eq on the CX10 .

Anyone tried LR4 between the full range section and the bass driver ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.