casting enclosures

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
AT LAST!!!!!!!

Attachments

• pc110032w.jpg
    pc110032w.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 380
Hi Peter,
They were made in a silicon rubber mould, they are lined with mdf, insertion rubber sandwhich. I'll take some photos to show the internals. The outside is a combination of colours i had left from other pours. The finished colour is therefore unique :(
It is a bluish,purplish, pinkish grey the pics don't do it justice. when i get the chance i'll post pic's of the ones i made for my kids.
TTFN,

Hello Pete,

UUUUMMMM NO

The grey boxes were made in 1997 and still aren't finished. The straight sided boxes are hard to make :( curved boxes (enclosures?) are dead easy :rolleyes:

If you want to make a set of boxes i can help you with the process,material guide and a phone # for when things go wrong.

I learnt this technique by trial and error and 100's of pacific pesos in material. I'd be frightened to work out the labour :bawling:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.