Pics DIY Yuichi 290Hz Wood Horn

Hi, yes...though that would be a commercial matter...which would need to go offline.

The current build project is for my own personal set-up.

Kind regards.

what drivers are you using in the horns and have you got any measurements from them?

or, what is your full set up with these?

i was considering radian 850pb with the 1.5" mouth with AE TD12M in something like this.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

i can't decide on what compression driver + horn to blow the money on. biradial wood horns have visual appeal as well as being cheap to make but do they sound any good?

I think they sound wonderful!!! I've had a couple TAD horns that the Yucci (sp) are copied from running both the TAD 4001 and the JBL with the Truextent diaphragms. You can't go wrong with that combo.

This is basically what you are thinking about building.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S11nqJmqYKs

I think they sound wonderful!!! I've had a couple TAD horns that the Yucci (sp) are copied from running both the TAD 4001 and the JBL with the Truextent diaphragms. You can't go wrong with that combo.

This is basically what you are thinking about building.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S11nqJmqYKs

exactly that, i love that youtube channel and that's the exact design i'm thinking of trying to clone. tbh, there's a dozen systems on there i'd happy try and clone.

what drivers are you using in the horns and have you got any measurements from them?

or, what is your full set up with these?

i was considering radian 850pb with the 1.5" mouth with AE TD12M in something like this.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Your suggested combo is first class.

If I built a 'simple' two-way, I'd use the AE driver. My set up is different, as I'm exploring a 3 or 4 way.

I have Altec 288 1.4 inch drivers....MASSIVE, and very very good. These are oustanding vinage drivers, operating well from 500Hz.

I've enjuoyed a few horns...Faital Pro (Cornscala) and Stereolabs stone horns from Germany. Both good.

Also, I've recently enjoyed borrowing some massive Altec 805 multi-cells, plus the 'smaller' br-radial Altec 511.

I've enjoyed Faital Pro comp drivers, Selenium, small format Altecs, plus this current large format 288.

I've built doezens of horns for Tannoy, Klipsch, Lowther etc, including my radical own C-Horn design.

Ply Version of C-Horn | Hi-Fi

The current Yuichi is the best I've had...

Tomorrow, I take delivery of a new sixh channel custom amp for my multi-way...so I'm excited about that.

I like the following pics for inspiration...

Andrew

Attachments

• Yuichi two way.jpg
    Yuichi two way.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 1,039
  • Yuichi with bass cab.jpg
    Yuichi with bass cab.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 1,058
Your suggested combo is first class.

If I built a 'simple' two-way, I'd use the AE driver. My set up is different, as I'm exploring a 3 or 4 way.

I have Altec 288 1.4 inch drivers....MASSIVE, and very very good. These are oustanding vinage drivers, operating well from 500Hz.

I've enjuoyed a few horns...Faital Pro (Cornscala) and Stereolabs stone horns from Germany. Both good.

Also, I've recently enjoyed borrowing some massive Altec 805 multi-cells, plus the 'smaller' br-radial Altec 511.

I've enjoyed Faital Pro comp drivers, Selenium, small format Altecs, plus this current large format 288.

I've built doezens of horns for Tannoy, Klipsch, Lowther etc, including my radical own C-Horn design.

Ply Version of C-Horn | Hi-Fi

The current Yuichi is the best I've had...

Tomorrow, I take delivery of a new sixh channel custom amp for my multi-way...so I'm excited about that.

I like the following pics for inspiration...

Andrew

15PR400 models as well as just about any other driver I have tried in an MLTL cabinet, giving both good LF extension as well as high SPL levels. IN a 27" tall cab, only 17.5" wide and 17.5 deep, you get the following response. Bigger and it goes flatter, deeper. I will hopefully get to these in the new year. Tried Altec 416, but the cabinet was prohibitively big. I have also built the 290 horns, but scrapped the single uit to try the smaller 4XX series. BTW, from what I have seen the PR is a good widerange woofer.

Custom DIY 2x15 cab build - Page 26 - TalkBass Forums

Attachments

• Mathcad - 15PR400.pdf
    195.7 KB · Views: 174