Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Q:monacor sph-165kep
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 21st September 2006, 03:43 PM   #31
alan-1-b is offline alan-1-b  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Default 4real and Tomac still reading this forum ?

Quote:
Originally posted by 4real

Sure I can post some measurements later if you like?
Hi fellows , it would be really interesting to see those measurements if you are able to post them please , and also to read of any further
results either of you acheived with the 165KEP .
I see a recent re-interest in those Monacor drivers in this forum , and I'm considering trying a pair myself , but given costs including shipping , it would be useful to know a bit more about users' experiences with them before spending .
Thankyou ,
Old 21st September 2006, 04:02 PM   #32
Tomac is offline Tomac  Croatia
diyAudio Member

I personally measured one SPH-165 KEP driver and found Fs in that range. Actually , it was 45.9Hz.
Old 21st September 2006, 06:34 PM   #33
borys is offline borys  Ireland
diyAudio Member

I have used 165kep with xt19 and 22taf/g tweeters.

2xSPH165kep & xt19

An externally hosted image should be here but it no longer works. Please upload images instead of linking to them to prevent this.

An externally hosted image should be here but it no longer works. Please upload images instead of linking to them to prevent this.

2xSPH165kep & 22taf/g
On axis

30 deg

Temporary I have no more meas. IMHO 165kep is great in its price!!!

RogeRoth
Nice job !!
Old 22nd September 2006, 02:32 PM   #34
diyAudio Member

Thanks Tomac and borys !
Great looking speakers borys ! - and looks like a lot of work , thus I'm glad you are happy with the results .

Thanks for the measurements & plots - helpful !

Now it seems if I use the 165KEP , I'll get less bass extension than I had expected , but will get an OK midrange .
An alternate with Monacor seems to be the SPH-200KE that another contrbutor to the Monacor debate used . This seems would have good bass extension , but will require a low cross-over frequency in the mids , or , a high-slope cross-over to get its response down before that sharp peak at 7kHz - shown on Monacor's own data sheet , and likely is about there as such is typical of fibreglass cone drivers , and I'm surprised the 165KEP and the 135 version don't have such sharp peak break-ups , albeit higher in frequency than for the 200KE .
Old 22nd September 2006, 06:21 PM   #35
borys is offline borys  Ireland
diyAudio Member

2xSPH165kep have much better bass than one SLS12" !! With good 2way crossover you are able to make full baffle step comp.
I had 200KE and it is great speaker too, very deep bass, not as fast as 165kep but much deeper. With 165kep f3 is around 38-40Hz, with 200ke around 30Hz (of course it depends on enclosure).
Old 23rd September 2006, 03:17 PM   #36
diyAudio Member

Thankyou for the comparison description of responses from 200KE versus 165KEP boyrs . The effects you describe are what I would expect , but it is good to have a user's confirmation of this !
Old 18th April 2007, 02:39 AM   #37
gaborbela is offline gaborbela  Canada
diyAudio Member

HI
I have a pair Monacor SPH-165KEP drivers for trade or sale .
These are brand new drivers still in the box , never mounted or powered up . I purchased these from Germany since at N America not available ..

I interested on toroidal transformers for Class A amplifier from 2x15to18V or cash .
I sell these driver because I don't have time enough , to many project have to be done .

Please let me know if you interested .
Regards
Old 8th April 2010, 06:32 PM   #38
muresan_c_dan is offline muresan_c_dan  Romania
diyAudio Member

Any other people had a chance to play around with these?
Sorry to up' sutch an old thread, but I am thinking about using them in a 2,5 way...
Old 9th April 2010, 12:59 PM   #39
peterbrorsson is offline peterbrorsson  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Regarding fs, look at the impedance. Pretty spot on what has been measured...

MONACOR INTERNATIONAL:New products

Peter
Old 9th April 2010, 01:42 PM   #40
gaborbela is offline gaborbela  Canada
diyAudio Member

Hello
I also purchased the SPH-200KE after I sold my SPH-165KEP , since to me very good driver it has better and deeper bass .
I suggest use it in a 3 way system !
I will use in 3 way system so the speed of the driver not a problem .For mids I use Gorlich Podzust ..That a very fast driver .
Greets

Q:monacor sph-165kepHide this!Advertise here!