2nd order or 1st with notch, that is the question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Hi Phivates, simulations are just a tool to assist in getting a desired result. If the measurements fed into the simulation are good the correlation with actual results will also be good. If you feed it rubbish, it will return rubbish :)

In my opinion doing a simulation will put you way ahead of the game when you get to the actual building. It should save a significant amount of time compared to a trial and error approach. Obviously a very experienced designer can probably just pick starting values that will be very close, but for someone without that experience level simulation is a great learning tool that saves a lot time. That said you still have to build something and verify that what you simulated actually does work as you thought it would :)

Tony.

I downloaded Crossover trial last night so cd download windows files on my Mac; managed to download Speaker workshop ok, but not Jeff's, maybe the excel download didnt work prior to that. Also downloaded Fuzzmeasure, I'll look for a s/h mic in bricklane market tomorrow

Working today but will play around with some precious simulations tonight.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.