Anarchy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just watched Oblivion - Gesh these speakers are monsters, can't believe this worked, and on the 1st try.

Bass like a church organ, and delicate highs - can hear every whisper. Maybe I can talk my buddy into coming over and measuring them and see what his impressions are.

I do like to experiment; don't know what I would do next, maybe build a set out of 3/4" BB with additional bracing might make a significant improvement. Though about the shelf idea in the lower section, could give that a try, not a biggy, cut two boards and attach to battens, hot glue to seal.

[no middle brace now, just the 2 dowels per chamber; however the boxes do not vibrate much]

Again a shout-out to Jay for the xo design, I've lost count, but he's batting 1000%. :djinn: Thank you again!

I never figured out why the other fellow that built the MTM box tuned so low, (mid 20s) I was getting even voltage peaks at 34hz. I do believe the Fs will go down as the speakers age a bit.

I hope they make another run of the Anarchy woofers! I think if someone wanted to build similar a set, you'll need a 200wpc amp, that really lights them up.

Attachments

• Towers II.jpg
    Towers II.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 182
Good question....Seems like a stone's throw to convert this to a mtmmm (or w's:confused:). The top white box is a 16om connection, could easily add a large laminated coil and hook up in a similar manner; 2 series - parallel back to 8ohm.

Face, not really in the corner - I guess raising them up of the ground a couple of inches off the ground would be easy thing to do, maybe wood blocks cut like small chairs and dowels spreaders.

Yes, I realize that one is an MM (or perhaps a WW) and the other is an MTM, but that still doesn't explain why one cabinet instead of two.
Steve/bluewizard

Attachments

• Towers 4.JPG
    Towers 4.JPG
    308 KB · Views: 166
Made up 3" high truss stands with 2x4s and all thread (this looks better than this sounds). A very nice improvement in the bass, very rich solid; sounds like there's a live drummer in the room.
They image well, as good or better than the lot. The Dayton tweeters really work well with the anarchy woofers :bullseye:

Cork on ebay is only $10 bucks for a large roll, will add some soon, but not sure I really need to.

This mtmmm thing is a blast, still thinking the sf/s would be a good candidate.

This why I rather use the MM setup with woofers placed side by side. Instead of a single reflection the typical MTMMM line exhibits multiple reflection distances compounding the floor bounce and asymetrical loading of the 0,5 MM section.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.