SQ Oriented Boombox: Design Help Needed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm not sure I get the point here. Every time you've asked this question you've been advised by myself or others to do exactly what a Boominator does. Not wanting to flog a dead horse here but since you lack the ability, the know-how, and basic understanding of the requirements that goes into designing a speaker specifically for outdoors use, I don't get why you don't just build a Boominator or half-Boominator as it's specifically engineered to fulfill your requirements.

Warning on DC/AC inverters. All of the cheaper ones do not produce a sinewave output. Instead they have what could be called a 2 bit square wave. This produces very high electrical noise that will be heard unless highly filtered first. This added filtering will end up reducing the output level to less than optimal (say 100v VS 120). Also don't forget to add the conversion losses to the total power used. Typically no better than 60-70% @ load, if not fully loaded this decreases. Have installed several high power inverters for emergency response vehicles and this is one of the requirements. Higher efficiency as a bonus, typically in the 90% range @ load. These inverters are expensive.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.