Exodus Anarchy MTM

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

I recently ordered a pair of the Exodus Anarchy woofers after reading several reviews and seeing them on closeout. Originally I was entertaining the thought of building a small sub for my car, but now I'm thinking of trying to build a center channel with them.

This was the only thread I was able to find that had a completed TMM project using these. I suppose I could try to recreate it but with a MTM arrangement, however I've read great things about the new CSS LD25X tweeter and was wondering if some of the folks here think it might pair well with the anarchys?

My previous DIY experience consists of a premade kit for bookshelf speakers and several subwoofer cabinets. I've never designed a XO on my own, so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers. :)

I'm not sure why the tweeter is spaced so far from the woofer in that design. But I do think the SB29 is probably the best tweeter for the job for the money. I've used the SB29 and LD25x. The LD25x is a great tweeter. But with it's smaller Sd it can't do low XO'ers like the SB29, despite it's XBL suspension giving. Besides, designing a XO isn't so simple.

I'm not sure why the tweeter is spaced so far from the woofer in that design. But I do think the SB29 is probably the best tweeter for the job for the money. I've used the SB29 and LD25x. The LD25x is a great tweeter. But with it's smaller Sd it can't do low XO'ers like the SB29, despite it's XBL suspension giving. Besides, designing a XO isn't so simple.

You make an excellent point. Since I have ZERO experience with crossover design, trying to come up with a new design would be very difficult. I did discover that Rick over @ Selah Audio had been working on some different 2-ways with these woofers as well. I sent him an email to see what kind of XO information he might have.

just adding a push pin, like to see where you go with this.

Funny you mention that. I'm actually following your build to see if it inspires me to try using the Anarchy woofers in a three-way center channel. I'm thinking of trying to use an arrangement similar to the one here with the woofers flanking a tweeter and midrange. I just need to try and decide on those drivers and consider a crossover.

I have heard the Ansonica design, and it sounds phenomenal. It was among the best sounds at the DIY event where I heard it. If your amp is big enough to get control of those woofers, you'd really enjoy it. It may be the best existing use of the Exodus Audio anarchy (aside from its use in subwoofers). CJD is an accomplished and conscientious designer; you wouldn't be badly served at all to build a pair of the Ansonica.

glete311, too far along for me to go back, but this is good idea for you.

# 32 Anarchy - Page 4 - diyAudio

Powerful woofers for such a small size (7") have you tried them yet?

I haven't fired them up yet. I've actually decided to try the Ansonica design, so I've pre-ordered some more woofers from Erich over on the DIY Sound Group site so I'll have enough to complete the speakers. I also ordered an additional 4-ohm variant to try out in a small subwoofer enclosure for the car. The build likely won't get started until the other woofers are on the way (6-8 weeks?) but I'll get a thread going once it's underway :)

Thanks for the update and glad you're enjoying them. Still chipping away on my build ... I count two completed builds since I started mine ;)

I'm getting close though, starting to assemble a test track list. Any suggestions for tracks that really showcase the speakers? I realize it can be subjective.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Thanks for the update and glad you're enjoying them. Still chipping away on my build ... I count two completed builds since I started mine ;)

I'm getting close though, starting to assemble a test track list. Any suggestions for tracks that really showcase the speakers? I realize it can be subjective.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Yeah, I think musical taste is fairly subjective but I'll still list some tracks here that I feel really shine on these. Acoustic performances sound amazing, and with the low cabinet tuning and extension of the Anarchy woofers, tracks with low bass really impress too.

1. You and Your Friend - Dire Straits; On Every Street (remastered)
2. Royals - Lorde; Pure Heroine
3. No Excuses - Alice in Chains; Unplugged
4. Touch Wood - Antonio Forcione; Touch Wood
5. Mombasa - Hans Zimmer; Inception soundtrack
6. Wish you Were Here - Bliss; Quiet Letters
7. Change the World - Eric Clapton; The Clapton Chronicles

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.