Unknown drivers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
driver.jpg

All i know about them is the tweeter is 1inch and the woofer is 5 1/4 inch. :bawling:

In the current setup they actually sound very good, just wanted to get the specs so i can make some smaller enclosures for them. :smash:

Well, speakers change year after year...You should remove the drivers from boxes and check for a logo on the magnet. Some cie have very particular basket structure which could help ID the unit you got there.

Usually comercial speaker use different unit or their own...It might be difficult to ID anything out there.

Well its a good rule of thumb that a bass driver in a reflex box
will work well is a sealed box of half the volume (internal).

This is particular true for bass units with parameters designed to
give a choice of sealed or reflex loading.

Conversely :

Bass units specifically designed for sealed box loading are very
difficult or impossible to reflex load effectively.

Bass units specifically designed for reflex loading its difficult to get
decent bass out of a sealed box - but small units can be ideal for
small sealed boxes to be used with a subwoofer.

Posting a picture of the bass unit from the back will help a lot !

:) /sreten.

I'd go for the old rule of thumb.

Put them in a sealed box half the current internal box volume.

If the box volume is already very low, around 6L then making
it significantly smaller could be a problem, 3L is indicated here
but you are moving towards needing stereo subwoofers.

Current volume is likely 7L to 12L, sealed needed 4L to 6L.

:) sreten.

In total i have 16 of these woofers, and 6 tweeters. 8 woofers and 2 tweeters are already in enclosures, 4 woofers + 1 tweeter per cab. They seem to be in around 70 litre enclosures and are ported but im yet to measure the port size/length.

The crossovers for the speakers are external, and are the biggest most complicated crossovers ive ever seen. Ill get a picture of them now and post it up in a sec.

Since i have 8 woofers and 4 tweeters, i was hoping to make 2 rear speakers and a centre with these drivers, but im not quite sure about how i should make them ie. 2 woofers + tweeter for each rear, and then the same for a centre. Or just replicate my front speakers, and have a phatom centre speaker.

Im hoping to get the same sound as the fronts, as they sound very nice and clear.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.