FRD and other Jeff Bagby spreadsheets

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This seems as good a place as any for this question as they are mostly used here. Is there any spreadsheet other the Excel which will run these spreadsheets. My computer which had microsoft office on it has wrecked the hard drive and I do not feel like buying the program again to use in my other computer. Thanks for any help.
jamikl

Joined 2004
Paid Member
LibreOffice has limited support for VBA. It won't run the macros in PCD, WBCD, Baffle Diffraction or the Frequency Response Modeler.

The Woofer Box and Circuit Designer (WBCD) was "converted" to .NET several years ago. The .NET version has evolved separately, but it still uses the same Benson model that Jeff Bagby implemented in his original Excel version. Converting the Excel equations proved to be a laborious task, so I wrote completely new versions of PCD, Baffle Diffraction and Frequency Response Modeler. They are implemented differently but should provide the same results. Part of the new design approach was to integrate these tools into a single program, where calculation results from one module are passed along to the Crossover Module. This results in an easy-to-use integrated tool that does measurement file processing, Box modeling, Baffle modeling, Amp/EQ modeling and Crossover Design.

This integrated program is PSD-Lite. It is still a Beta release but it is fully functional and reasonably mature. The final version is getting a Thiele-Small database--it will be available soon.

PSD-Lite can be downloaded here: http://www.audiodevelopers.com/Software/PSD_Lite/setup.exe

This version of the program is free, and it will remain so. There is a "Pro" version with more features and an "Active" version that can directly control DSP chips.

Neil Davis are you saying that PCD lite will run with Libre Office. I have tried the others with Open Office, Gnumeric and the spreadsheet in the Ashampoo office set =- all to no avail. I lost the copy of MS Office I had when the hard drive failed and didn"t have a copy of it - must have lost it in a house shift about 18 months ago. As I am on a basic Australian pension some of the programs which may be cheap to others are quite expensive to!:). I thank you all for your help.
jamikl

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.