Linkwitzlab Website down?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

ICG

Disabled Account
Joined 2007
The site works for me too but I can't ping it either. I assume somewhere (likely in the datacenter of the site) pings and other services, protocols and maybe ports/portranges are simply blocked. That is often the case to prevent or fight a DDOS attack.

Not being able to reach the server while it's actually up is a different thing though. You can always use some net tools or pages to check if the sites are up or not. i.e. Domain Dossier
If it's up, then it's maybe a block in the DNS or IP. The former can be avoided by using a different DNS than the provider usually 'defaults'. There are a lot free DNS available, I prefer Google (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 - you have to change it in the router or in the connect string of the modem, maybe keep one of the providers DNS and one of the Google ones).

A proxy, like globalplayer suggested, works fine but with that you need a safe, trustworthy proxy and free ones which are, are rare. For just browsing without a login etc. most should be fine though.

For some pages there are mirrors which should provide the same content if they are synced regularily.

Apropos content: The newest post on the Linkwitz website is from the 20. december 2017 announcing his retirement and that he's stopping the sales.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.