Need: Low Bass Monitors

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey Folks,

Problem: I am at the absolute end of my thoughts. I need speakers to monitor vinyl DJing in near field.

History: Years ago I used the VIB 130 TL, which where quite perfect (~20m^2 room). Then I had to switch, because I moved to a much smaller flat and had no space to place the speakers "correctly". So I made Visaton Bijou with the old VIB parts. Instead of the KE25SC I used the G20SC from my VIBs + a small modification for the Xover (recommended by Visaton).
Now I moved to a new flat again and my music room has ~10m^2 and the Bijou's are ways to powerful. The bass is to heavy, I am missing a lot dynamic and the resolution doesn't sound clear anymore.

Thoughts:
- Rebuild my Bijous with a closed cabinet, to dim the bass and (hopefully) get a finer resolution.
- Build new TL speakers that fit to the small room. Maybe the Lancetta or the CT257 (CT257 is available in german only, sorry)

The criterions I have for the speakers
- Fine resolution
- No heavy bass
- cheap, since I moved to a new flat, I am out of money :D
- Bookshelf or very high cabinet, that the speakers are on the same level as my ears are.

I don't care about:
- Bass
- Sensitivity
- Appearance, WAF, etc.
- Multiway, Full Range or Whatsoever

Hopefully you have some hints for me, to get the full enjoyment of vinyl back.

With best regards,

Mario

That's a small room. In addition to room gain kicking in probably around 50Hz, you might be dealing with room modes in the midbass. Seems like I usually get a big peak somewhere 150-300Hz or so in small rooms. Anyway, try putting a bit of insulation in the ports, and messing with the speaker positions.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.