Another L-Pad question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I don't usually build passive speakers but this time circumstances demand a passive crossover and an adjustable L-pad so bear with me if it is a bit on the silly side!

The problem is all the L-pads I can find are 8 Ohm but the tweeters I'd like to use are either 4 or 6 Ohm.
With that in mind do I use 8 Ohm or the tweeters actual impedance when calculating the high pass portion of the crossover?

Or should I use a series resistor to bump the tweeter impedance up to 8 Ohm after the L-pad?

The L-pad set for no attenuation and full attenuation results in load presented to the high-pass section equal to (respectively) the impedance of the tweeter and 8 Ohm. If the tweeter impedance is 6 Ohm, then you could design the filter with Z = 7 Ohm with probably very little error.

Maybe you would run into problems if the order of the high-pass section is greater than 2nd.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.