Crossover redesign - how sensitive are tweeters at lower frequencies

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Why do you need the resistance in front? To keep the impedance from going too low for your amp?

The impedance would easily go below 1 ohms at a wide range of frequencies without attenuating resistors because of the equalization network I have going on. My amp is rated for down to 4, but less than an ohm...not sure what that would do to my amp.

Did end up fixing that problem; the maximum variation in spl (in theory, at least) should be 1.03dB, +0.57dB from the average and -0.46dB. The mean variance is +-0.20dB (that is, the mean variance plus the mean is 0.20dB above the mean).

Impedance is down from 8ohms nominal to between 8.5 and 3.3 ohms, so lets say 4 ohms nominal? I guess the efficiency of my design sucks but I was expecting that with all of the equalization I used.

Still looking for a good all-pass filter to fix the phase (does anyone know of any better explanations of lattice phase-equalizers than Wikipedia's?).

Thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.