Little help with danish translaion and this kit

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I'm looking this kit of seas excel loudspeakers and the google translator in some parts it's not very good. Sepecially "the crossover" and "important" part. I wonder if any danish person could give me a hand with this.
This is the link:SpeakerBuilder.dk
And this is the bit which I can't get right with google translate:

Delefilteret :

Delefilteret er et 18/18db/okt filter med dæmpeled på diskanten og impedanskorrektion på basenheden.

Den ekstra impedanskorrektion nederst er valgfri og giver forstærkeren en mere liniær impedans at arbejde med.

Vigtigt : Man skal huske at sætte det akustiske delay rigtigt inden man går igang, hvilket i dette tilfælde er på 19us på basenheden.
Du kan også selv finde delayet, med de målinger jeg har vedlagt.

Thanks!

Pd: does anybody know what SPL has this Kit?

Hi, thank you for your message :)

Ill try my best :)

"Delefilteret er et 18/18db/okt filter med dæmpeled på diskanten og impedanskorrektion på basenheden."

The crossover is a 18/18 db per octave (3. order) with dampening resistors and impedance correction on the woofer.

"Den ekstra impedanskorrektion nederst er valgfri og giver forstærkeren en mere liniær impedans at arbejde med."

The extra impedance correction at the bottom is optional, and only gives the amp a more linary impedance to work with.

"Vigtigt : Man skal huske at sætte det akustiske delay rigtigt inden man går igang, hvilket i dette tilfælde er på 19us på basenheden.
Du kan også selv finde delayet, med de målinger jeg har vedlagt. "

Important: Remember to add the acoustic delay when starting simulation, witch in this case is 19 us on the woofer. (in lspcad you can input the acoustical delay for an unit, and this is to be set to 19). You can also find/use the delay, in the measurements ive attached.

Thats a transation :)

I dont know the exact SPL, but they will fill most livinrooms. They actually plays very well i think.

Let me know if you have questions :)

Hi Syncroniq, I replied you before, but just in case I mention here as well:
The thing I'm missing is the enclosure plans.
From the text I see you use a rabu-acoustics box, but cant find or they don't sell it any more.
There was also a link at the speakerbuilder XL4 design which I believe there were the plans or PDF. It gives me an error when I try to go to that link.
Thanks a lot everybody!

Hi Juanito,

The cabinet seems to be the Dayton curved cabinet:

Dayton Audio TWC-0.25CH 0.25 ft³ 2-Way Curved Cabinet Pair C 302-703

The net volume is 8 litres. However I would only recommend 4-5 litres for the Excel W12CY001, otherwise the transient response gets too boomy. You will face the classic problem of small vented loudspeakers: The port is too long and does not fit into the cabinet...

Attachments

• ExcelW12CY001.jpg
    ExcelW12CY001.jpg
    209.6 KB · Views: 75
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.