suggestions needed for HT

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All,
i'm looking at building speakers for my HT; L/C/R + rear L/R + subwoofer.

The Audax kit seems to be getting good reviews from people. Would it be even better if i use the front L/R plans for the rear as well? what about matching bipoles (although i havn't found much in the way of DIY bipole surround speakers -- let alone a matching set with the audax kit)

Another kit i have looked at is the GR Research AV-2 all around. is the AV-2 plan also suitable for the center channel positioned horizontally? My intuision tells me that the Audax HT kit with center channel is better in this respect.

Now for the subwoofer, there are tons of plans out there, but im not sure which one would be best for my application. i have heard that the audax one is not all that great. but i would prefer a cube layout with ~12inch driver

i will be mostly using the setup for HT use with a Rotel 1095 THX Ultra amplifier and Rotel THX Ultra processor. I still listen to a lot of music, but am planning on perhaps building a dedicated pair of speakers for 2ch music later on. How will these speakers compare with say . . b&w CDM-1NT series? Are these speakers of sufficient quality to live up to the rotel gear?

TIA!
Casey

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.