System Pictures & Description

Hi paulspencer - I have used both outboard gear and software EQ (the software is impressive - hardware has to be really expensive to be flexible enough to do much) to EQ the room. The results have all been poor. Getting the speakers right and treating the room has been much more effective since I listen in the near field at low levels which renders room modes less of an issue. I use software EQ when mixing all the time, and an astounding variety of effects are possible including impulse response reverbs and the like. I love the sound of the system without the room intruding. Imaging, sound stage, frequency response all clean and uncluttered. It really shows up the weaknesses or strengths of comercial recordings, not to mention my own.
I don't spend much time ripping CDS since the super drive I have plays them straight just fine. I rip to full res .wavs for editing. MP3s - yes, sadly, the 128kb/sec MP3 has become the coin of the realm in production music, both for demos and sometimes, believe it or not, as finished product. They have a certain sound to them that people accept readily now because they are heard so commonly - dynamic compression of often already hyper-compressed signals. For certain music they sound ok, I guess. Of course, you can take a 24 bit 48k or higher resolution master and make a large mp3 that exceeds the CD standard 16 bit 44k resolution, but you get no size benefit. The algorythm, though "lossy", is not so much the problem as the meg/minute size requirements/resolution coming from the download mentality. Not much hi-fi there...

Cheers, NNK

Here's mine:

Technics SU8080 Amp, from the late 70s, I love this thing;) Details here
Sony CD-PXE300 CD player, What HiFi golden award winner but not that I can tell:p
Technics SL1600 MKII wheel of steel
DIY 2 way speakers, I made them, Details here

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Yury said:
:) you're made nice work, let's finish it.
without sub your small loudspeakers hardly satisfy your requirement.
imagine! suddenly, deeper bass will burst into your sweet home..........
you have to do a little already :)

Yes I know Yury :angel:
One of my favourite types of music is Drum and BASS so I am well aware of the lacking in low end here:clown:
I have been relying on the 15 inches of woofer in my car to satisfy lately:D

my actual kit

-CLASSÉ Cap-101 integrated amp

-ROTEL RCD-1070

-Custom made Speakers using RF-7 10's and MB quart Tweeter in sealed enclosures with 12db/octave Solen x-over

-Custom made subwoofer using Audiobahn Alum15q (yes i know: car sub's...That perfom damned good !) in ported enclosures 9cu.ft.

- RBH-200 subwoofer amplifier (hidden below the red chair)

Next upgrade: ?? (maybe the new amazing Classé amp)