System Pictures & Description

Hello~~

IWT 2402 with Mini horn home theater...

IWT 2402 with Mini horn center!!
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Mini horn for surround speakers!!

I built a test box for my B&C 8BG51 during this week, the result is a hideous shaped speaker that sound great. I currently play a 54Hz sinusoidal tone to break in the transducers. I only have a micro stereo available as amp for now, I will later bring home my McIntosh and test the speakers fully.

But the speakers actually sounds much better than they look, even though the crossover was made without any simulation of any kind!

I gotta say. I actually like the look of the. just one thing, remember to pre-drill when screwing into MDF. So that is doesn't separate into two pieces like it has at the refleksport

After years of lurking I am now posting some pictures of my current system. I was not sure whether to put it here or in the fullrange section, but as I have separate subwoofers I decided to put it here.

Now, what I have is:

* A pair of Vifa TG9FD-10-04 in 8 ltr bass reflex cabinets tuned to about 55 Hz. There is also a filter in them for baffel step correction, which lowers with about 3 db from a few hundred Hz and onward. Plays from 80 Hz and up.

* A pair of Peerless SLS 12 in 140 ltr bass reflex cabinets tuned to 23 Hz. Massive overkill in a small apartment like this, but at my parents' house they where almost not enough, funny enough.

* A Pioneer VSX-1016 surround receiver, obviously being used as a DAC and also as a crossover set at 80 Hz.

* A Korsun KS99, integrated amplifier which is used to drive the subwoofers, which it does really good. 2x100 W in 8 ohms.

Now to some pictures:

View from left side:

View of the middle part, also visible here is my Samsung UE46D5005 TV.

View of the right side:

Last edited:
That is definitely a rant.
This sub is build for my own home theater set up. I live an an apartment and the living room is 14x22ft. So, I guess that answers the question of my questionable choice of drivers for a 2x3x1ft weighting close to 200 pounds small cabinet with f3 round about 33hz.
The line arrays will be shown on NY DIY which I am hosting, accompanied by a pair of transmission line loaded, 10" sub woofer peerless drivers, 4 per side having a flat terminus output 80hz to 18hz.

i agree with his rant. i looked at kef celestion etc "flagship" speakers, and i agree fully with your logilal/physic bassed analasis. the bass drivers are too small to make bass effectively at mid to high spl's. this muddys up the midrange, so regardless of price they would all wind up with the same critical problem.

i guess any solve this problem with a sub. but unless your carefull u still get the bass drivers on the mains moving too much because of there ports

all these "flagship" thin tower speakers have right is there mid-tweter intregration and range. just my opinion, and a continuation of the previous rant

engelholmaudio-rum1.JPG

A place for recreation and relaxation.

nice shape. i was thinking of something simular for the front of my speakers. but due to limited resorces i hav to work in 2 dimentions.

the organ pipe type things and the little card boxes are very artistic, and contribute to the sight of the sound