System Pictures & Description

Here is my DIY Fostex FE126e based full range speaker.Cabinet is 14" tall 8" wide and 10.5" deep with an internal volume of 11.65 litres finished with Beech veneer.Sensitivity is 95db and FR is 55hz-25khz.
IMGDEAD]

Attachments

• setup.jpg
    setup.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 3,347
ok here are some updates

I wasn't to satisfied with the dynamics,I felt is was to smooth and a feeling of 2D instead of 3D after the electrical mods I did in the room and the panels,as if I could find more detail and kinda made the pv14 the wart of the system.
so I changed my CJ PV14L2 preamp for a CJ PREMIER 10
a 93 model compared to a 2006.
the differrence is really there!!all the smoothness of the CJ with the dynamics I was looking for.
the mids were more fuller,bass richerand the high's divine:cool:
and as you can see I placed bass traps in the corners made of roxul 24" wide flling the whole corner,took me the whole bag(35$)
that got the bass to me tighter,more precise,the timbres also got better cause now I have a lot less cancelation in the room,and less aggrevating echo.:smash:

Attachments

• audio maison 059.jpg
    audio maison 059.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 3,008
Bozak Concert Grands Completed!

First, I'd like to thank everyone on this board, not only for offering invaluable expertise, but also for giving me moral support after botching up a veneer job!

I followed Rudy Bozaks plans pretty much verbatum, but because I was not able to obtain some of the original parts I was forced to make some slight modifications - none of which affect sound. Cabinet size was kept faithful to the original specs.

The speakers consist of 4 -12" woofers (8-ohm), 2 - 6" midranges (16-ohm) and 8 - 3" tweeters (8-ohm). The N-101A 8-ohm networks are passive, crossing over at 800 and 2500 Hz 6db/octave.

Not able to obtain a second tweeter array bracket, I split the one that I had, using each half of the bracket for the bottom of the array and used metal tabs for the upper.

I was not able to find midrange mounting rings, so fashioned my own using a router and the trusty 'ol Jasper.

The woofer rings originally had provision for mounting a tweeter pair (intended for the smaller Concerto series), so using a hack saw I cut the center brackets out, then belt sanded the outer rings to fit inside the cabinet.

The heavy duty speaker terminals from Parts Express are worth every penny and then some, but because those things pertrude so far out of the back of the cabinet, I routed out a circle... you can see the attached pic to see what I've done...

In the next couple of weeks I think that I'm going to go with the Danish Oil, but after the botched veneer episode I need a break for a while. The living room obviously needs to be re-arranged, but having a wife to deal with makes the task more of a challenge. Part of the sectional needs to go - as well as finding a suitable place for the subwoofer (part of a different system).

The Dynaco Stereo 70 amp and Dynaco PAS 2 pre-amp have been upgraded using Van Alstine mod kits, the pre-amp also is utilizing hybrid buffers in the line stage.

The new EH 6CA7 tubes have not been broken in (or even biased yet), but these Grands already sound so magnificant!

Finally to top it all off (while listening to Bartok) my little girl lost her second tooth! After all the money that went into this project... does the Tooth Fairy really exist?

Attachments

• a1.jpg
    a1.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 3,681