System Pictures & Description

newfinish said:
here is my new place....
the SP9 isn't there anymore still haven't decided yet what to buy
any suggestion?

You need some damping in that room, there, dude. Big time. :)

Oh. I see, the subject has been covered....

Also, do yourself a BIG favor.

Buy some sort of damping material, (like Gooeys, maybe!) and cut them up (ask me how) and put a bit between each fin. Every second fin, so they are damped against each other. There WILL be a -serious- reduction in HF hash coming from the system. It tends to be quite equivalent, in terms of character of 'noticability' of being like a major upgrade for the clocking system of a CD player.

Damping is important, but works best if you take care of everything in that area of 'issue'. Best bet? Take the source and power/pre, right out of the playback room.

I have developed a habit of cutting holes in walls and running the speaker cables through the hole, or pre-amp cables through the hole. I get the pre and source out of the room, at the very least.

Relax: Thank you. This is not a diy rack. The company is Swedish and called Solid Tech, this model is called Rack of silence. I think it is available in the US and the price in Sweden converted to dollars would be somewere in the region of 1500-1800$. The rack is very good and i recommend that you check it out.

like i said earlier my damping is coming I just moved a month ago so didn't take care of the basement...:xeye:
but it's coming my wife makes quilts out of cotton even the batting is pur cotton about 1/8" thick,i'm gonna try it on the wall behind the speakers in the middle should cover the wall 80" by 100"

Hi out there.

This is my Spendor System with BC1 mk3 (one of the last from 1996):

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Racks, stands and both subwoofers are DIY. Pre-amp: T&A P 1200, amplifier: AB International Precedent Series 400. Subwoofer mid: 2 x Visaton AL 170 with Thomessen 1.6. Subwoofer low: Next AL 38 (mms 300 gramms :angel:) with Inosic RAS 300.

After having finishing the Spendor system, I began to build speakers. This is my first, self-planned DIY-speaker system:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Vifa XT 25 with 8'' Vifa paper cone - still on the way with measuring and listening tests.

Hope to learn a lot here. Greetz!

I've just finished building and covering some full range speakers,
HiVi B3N drivers in a 0.25 ft^3 sealed enclosure.

Attachments

• new speakers covered small.jpg
    new speakers covered small.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 5,098
keyser said:

ps. I like your vibration absorbers!

yes, those are my pedagogical vibration absorbers. They give a tremendous sense of "air" to the musical soundstage, open the dynamics, reduce grain and generally lend a sense of solidity otherwise obtainable only if you have consumed massive quantities of malt and barley beverages.

Those AR3a's are really AR3a's from the Amersfoort NL subsidiary of AR -- they were shipped to an FPO in Germany, wound up back here stateside.

newfinish said:
here is my new place....
the SP9 isn't there anymore still haven't decided yet what to buy
any suggestion?

got the scanspeak 9700 tweeters in instead of seas 27tdc,wow!! so much more detail yet so real,incredible difference,felt a little congestion but I guess it's the break in period who's gonna fix that.the sax,trumpet,voice,is awsome realistic.
if you happen to see bonnie koloc from naim records,the last 3 songs are simply divine.she sings accapella "slow dancing to the blues" and man that voice so mature and velvety,the other "I got to believe"is so good to with sax in the back ground,you can really tell it's detached from the rest,last "night and day" just great also.not my every day music but when you have sound like this it just let's you appreciate music....:angel:
oh and aI got the pv14 from cj huge difference with sp9,litterally kills it.