System Pictures & Description

That's interesting. What bass loading does it use?

Simon

Oh, it's just a standard vented box. The port tubes are installed vertically in the bottom of the box with a 45 degree reflector at the very bottom (painted black). It's small @ 0.4 cu ft tuned to 72 Hz. They were just supposed to be satellites since I'm building a subwoofer to go with them. Crossover is 1.6 KHz to the DE250 + ME20 tweeter.

Here is a set I am currently working on. 48" tall, 10" woofer, horn tweeter. 96~97dB sensitivity 1 watt @ 1 meter. The center between the two drivers is based on the average height of typical listening seating. Note the triangle port at the bottom of the cabinet. It is in one side only. Opposite sides of course for a mirrored pair.

Attachments

• towerspeaker.JPG
    towerspeaker.JPG
    413.5 KB · Views: 3,589
A 10" woofer is difficult to mate with a tweeter. What is the woofer upper range? the tweeter's lower range? What X-over frequency & slope do you plan on?

my point with the dynaco example is that dynaco successfully mated a 10" woofer with a tweeter and produced a speaker that usually sells today for more than it did originally. and they did this in the 1970's.

Early version of a 10" woofer plus tweeter? Sounds like an Advent to me. I think they sold a few of them IIRC.

Oh I think around that era there were many 10" 2 ways here's another more modern one.
SEVENTIES STEREO: JBL L26 Speakers

my point with the dynaco example is that dynaco successfully mated a 10" woofer with a tweeter and produced a speaker that usually sells today for more than it did originally. and they did this in the 1970's.
you can still do that....
mate this woofer
Seas Prestige A26RE4 (H1411) 10" Paper Cone: Madisound Speaker Store
to this tweeter...
Audax TW034X0 1.3" Textile Dome Tweeter, by AAC: Madisound Speaker Store
or
SEAS Prestige 27TDFC (H1189) Textile Dome: Madisound Speaker Store

Dynaco Speaker Component Info

Ed Laurent notes that over 1,000,000 A-25s were eventually sold; Dynaco would import the finished speakers in containers of 1100 units and drop-ship them to dealers or large customers. Approximately one container per week passed through the shipping department for several years!

I don't see any diffraction control, but maybe they didn't know about that back then.