Beyma 12P80ND + TPL-150

So I have the Beyma 12p80nd in a 65l cabinet and the bare Beyma TPL-150H just sitting up top, slightly angled up. I set the crossover to 1650Hz 48 dB/octave (IIRC) and a little notch at 2k for the 12p80nd (which I have no idea is needed or not). I level matched the drivers and the bass has some EQ. Its nothing like fully refined but it already has some great qualities.and some real promise.

Hi, first want to thanks to all writers here for a very helpful information. I want to ask for some help with my home audio project. I need a nice driver for upper bass application - 100 to 600Hz. For middle i have a Scan Speak Illuminator 12mu4731 and ordered Raal 70-10D for tweets. Read here a very nice things for Beyma 12p80. Is this driver is suitable for my case in closet box. Or any sudgestion for 10 inch - now i have a nice Vifa M25WO-08-08, but they are not in class... For subwoofer i have Volt RV3143 in ported box. Many thanks in advance for any help !

Read here a very nice things for Beyma 12p80. Is this driver is suitable for my case in closet box.

In a sealed cabinet the 12P80Nd has -F3 ~215Hz, which above your 100Hz goal.

You might get some ideas from:

Taipuu Speakers DSP active speakers - Taipuu Speakers

Taipuu Speakers in Finland showcases solid wood cabinets. Taipuu Speakers are a unique combination of carefully finished carpentry and state-of-the art audio made in Finland. Taipuu has a 4-way design using Scan Speak Illuminator drivers with performance data on their website. The VituixCAD2 cadtool website also models this speaker. This is a proven (passive and DSP) design with extensive CAD modeling.

Attachments

• Taipuu.jpg
    Taipuu.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 434
Angelo,

Consider using the 12p80nd with its Qtc=0.15 as a true midbass in a sealed well stuffed enclosure, and adding a large efficient woofer at 80-100Hz. This type of 3-way would optimize the midbass(sealed) while minimizing Dopler type IMD from mixing 1.2Khz with any bass cone movement. Mark Levinson uses the 12p80nd with the similar constructed Beyma 18p80nd in his Daniel Hertz M1 $100K speaker. Using your TPL 150H 80 x 30 horn HEIL would deliver good controlled directivity over the 1200Hz Xover range to the 12P80nd.

Large radius cabinet edges that minimize diffraction would allow you to beat the $100K M1 sonics.

Hi LineSource,

Revisiting this out of interest now that the 12P80ND and 18P80ND are no longer made which drivers would you suggest now for a three way M1 type system 18" Bass 12" mid and CD/Horn?

Thanks

DM :)

@PsyCLown
@LewinskiH01 What did you end up matching with the TPL-150H?
I'm using B&C 8PE21 crossed at 1.3kHz now. Went as low as 1.1kHz and as high as 1.8kHz. Tried MTM with 2 8PE21 and now using MT. Using the in open baffle. I'm happy, yet also wondering about other options. Waiting to read user impressions and measurements of the new Radian LM10n, for example.

Also need to try thr TPL without the waveguide, on open baffle.