Sub/Woofer For Large, Sealed, Enclosure...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Greetings,

Noob to the site, but have been rebuilding and DIYing loudspeakers for a few years now. However, I am about to embark on my first foray into bass enclosures and want to solicit your expertise...

Posting here rather than the subwoofer section because I am also going to top each enclosure with an Altec 511B horn and run them as a full two-way system.

I am going to build a pair of large, sealed, enclosures (approx 8 cu. ft.) and want to use a single 18-inch driver in each. I have looked through many different woofer examples, comparing specs and TS parameters, but would love to hear from those who have actually constructed large, sealed, bass enclosures to know what driver you used in yours and why.

Specs only tell us part of the story. Sometimes, what looks great on paper simply doesn’t work that well in the real world. Please, feel free to share your comments and experiences, I appreciate your feedback.

William

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.