Formula to calculate speaker impedance

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Rodd,

Thanks for replying. What I'm looking for is the formula that will give the impedance vs frequency curve when the T/S parameters are plugged into it. I've never seen it anywhere but I'd assume that it would use suspension compliance, moving mass, voice coil resistance, voice coil inductance and frequency. I want to build a Flash demo with it but I can't find the formula.

Thanks again
PB

I'm sorry to say that I didn't understand anything in the first paragraph. Can you explain in a little more detail?

I remember polynomials like X^2+5x+2 from algebra but I don't know how that applies to this.

I know that I'm asking a lot but I haven't found any other forum with people as knowledgable as those here.

Thanks again
PB

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Perry,

Small derives this equation in early 70's paper on Direct Radiating Loudspeakers. You can get a copy of these papers through Audioxpress here:
http://www.audioxpress.com/bksprods/bookindexl3.htm
You'll want to look at "Loudspeakers Vol. 1".
Although Small does a great job of extracting and presenting the concepts from the math, the math itself is not trivial. It's relatively advanced stuff.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.