Kef Testing

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Some of you guys may have seen this posted on tech-talk already...

I recently ordered the Kef HTS3001SE and Q100 speakers to gut and test. The Q100's just showed up a couple days ago so I've not yet tested them. However, the 3001's showed up last week and I tested the raw drivers, then the speaker system.

Results for the HTS3001SE raw driver(s) can be found here:
Kef’s HTS3001SE… I cracked the Egg! | Medley's Musings

Results for the HTS3001SE speaker itself can be found here:
Kef HTS3001SE Speaker Test | Medley's Musings

I'll update this when I get the testing for the q100 completed.

If anyone happens to have an r300 mid they'd like to see tested, let me know. I tried to order the raw driver but can't without a serial and I'm not about to spend $900+ on a set of speakers just to gut a driver. ;)

Very interested in the Q100

Thanks for posting your results and I look forward to you results on the Q100's

I bought 2 Q100's with the intention of designing my own cabinets for them. I also thought I might put a small 8" sub with a Yung plate amp in the cabinet crossed at the high end of amps crossover.

One thing I didn't realize at the time was there was no crossover available for the Q100's. Although I've learned many things on this forum I've never had the time to seriously get into crossover design. Although from Zaph's comments on the Q100 it seems as though the crossover for the Q100 would be a relatively simple one?

I just finished up publishing data from the Q100 drive unit testing:
Kef Q100 Drive Unit Testing | Medley's Musings

Here's a sample...

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

To those who remembered Zaph saying he'd like to see Klippel testing on the suspension because he believed it would show a shift... well, he was right:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

This is my favorite part. I measured the tweeter's response with the woofer at rest, then fixed out via a 9v battery and then fixed in (9v battery again). This was done to see what impact this had on the tweeter's response. Here's a result:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.