Celestion Ditton 332 Crossover;

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I always play at moderate volume and size of the room is mid size (I think).

I still keep full set of film caps at stash. Alcaps made 332s sounds ok, with polypropylene caps sound was harsh, mid driven, unfocused.. I'm not planning to put them back in.

For C1, my mistake; it was MBGO russian box style caps. I removed them also and put 60uf Alcaps in that position.

I had different types of russian made caps, but don't have any K78. I searched and read about them, looks interesting.

My experience with film caps is Erse PulseX. I used them a lot for different speaker projects, all of them sounds ok. But with 332 project they failed big time..

Right now, tweeter circuit has 1.5uf claritycap ESA and 3.3uf Erse capacitor(which I did not have any other alternative at the moment).

Crossover schematics, recapped with Clarity Cap PWA

Hi, I did this some weeks ago and it works fine and seems well-balanced to me. The Alcap in the bass circuit has already been changed by the pre-owner, so I just left it.

Attachments

• 332_Xover_schematics.png
    332_Xover_schematics.png
    361.6 KB · Views: 137
  • 332-Xover_pic.jpg
    332-Xover_pic.jpg
    354 KB · Views: 114
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.