Kef NT19 Tweeters

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I am looking for a pair of Kef NT19 (SP1272) replacement tweeters.

After phoning Kef in the UK I was told they are no longer made and an alternative can be supplied. I was quoted over £100 for a pair inclusive of post and V.A.T. and was told that a pair could be made up to order.

Searching on the web I found this (In Chinese): È«ÐÂÔ*×°Ó¢¹úKEF NT19CͬÖá¸ßÒôµ¥Ôª-ÌÔ±¦Íø - Looks like mass production of Kef NT19C which looks like they will fit. If that is Chinese yen it would be about £71 for the pair.

Also I notice that Planet HiFi is on here and found his shop on Ebay selling NT19C : KEF NT19C SP1367 Tweeter UNI-Q HF Unit For Q15+Q35+Q55+Q75+Q95C | eBay but they are being sold as 'used, in mint condition'. But still a lot cheaper than Kef direct. As long as they work and the voice coil isn't burnt then I might decide to go for them.

I have sent Planet 10 an email and a link to this thread hoping that he can offer some insight.

I know that Kef have a manufacturing base in China so my question is:

Are these units made in China original OEM Kef parts?
Will the replacement parts offered to me by KEF UK be made in the UK or China?

Lastly I seem to notice from a lot of Kef owners that a lot of these NT19 tweeters burn out easily. Is there an explanation for this and would the replacements suffer from the same problem?

All the best
Phil

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Also I notice that Planet HiFi is on here and found his shop on Ebay selling NT19C

I have sent Planet 10 an email and a link to this thread hoping that he can offer some insight.

Phil,

Planet HiFi is not planet10-hifi. He is in Nottingham, i'm in Canada. In comparison he is local to you -- you should email him.

I'd guess the tweeter is out of a uniQ

dave

Phil,

Planet HiFi is not planet10-hifi. He is in Nottingham, i'm in Canada. In comparison he is local to you -- you should email him.

I'd guess the tweeter is out of a uniQ

dave

Sorry, my mistake, I saw the vendor forums and noticed Planet 10 HiFi. Sorry about that!

Yes, the tweeter is out of a pair of Uni-Q speakers. I will in no doubt get in touch with Planet HiFi on ebay and see what he can do for me ;)

Thanks - Phil

Hi!

Thanks SO much for this video!!!!

By any chance, you wouldn't happen to know what ferrofluid type and quantity goes into the NT19's would you? Just got me some 25 year old 102/2's in excellent shape but also in need of some general maintenance. I've done some earlier Kef's over before, so I'm sure beyond the shadow of a doubt that the ferrofluid in these puppies is stark dry and hard as a rock by now. Again... thanks soooo much for the vid, I wasn't sure I'd ever find service info on these!!!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.