Building a center channel to match ADS L1290 towers [first build]

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a pair of ADS L1290 towers, and I want to build a voice matched center channel for use in a home theater. At the moment, the speakers are my only piece of really nice equipment, and I want to know if it is possible/worth the effort to try and design the center channel with my current instruments.

Here is a list of my equipment.

Audio source:
HTPC optical out > Fiio D03K optical to stereo RCA DAC > Lepai 2020A+ T-amp > ADS L1290 speakers

Audio measurement:
Behringer ECM8000 mic > Blue Icicle usb mic preamp > ARTA software package (demo)

Additionally, I have also purchased a Dayton Audio Test System to measure the T/S parameters of individual drivers.

I am most worried about the blue icicle mic preamp, and the lepai amp causing too much distortion to get a proper frequency response graph. Is this a valid concern, and if so which piece(s) of equipment should I upgrade? If my equipment is valid what would be the best (cheap/free) software package to use for the design process?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.