Wave Guide Website Up and Running

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Custom Wave Guide Website Up and Running

I'm a member over on the Parts Express forum and have been a member here a couple years but haven't been active.
I developed the new waveguide for the CSS LD25X with much help from Mark(mwmkravchenko) that will be used in a couple of kits they have coming out.
I've been developing a technique by heating and bending plexiglass to make the guides and baseplates and also mounting plates made from polycarbonate. I have a hand full of tweeter/ guide combo's that I have ready to go. Each guide is designed to get the best response from on axis to 60 degrees off axis as I can get. If you know of a tweeter you would like to see added send me an email.
On my "about" page I have a Picasa link with some measurements of each tweeter in the guides I found they work best in. I've tried to design the guides so all you need to do is either silicone or bolt the tweeter in and your read to go.

Many thanks to Gowa whom is a member here as well for building and designing my website. Could not have done it without him.

Pellegrene Acoustics

Let me know what you think.
Dave

Last edited:
Each guide is designed to get the best response from on axis to 60 degrees off axis as I can get.

Let me know what you think.
Dave
Dave,

Do you have any comparisons of the polar response of various tweeters using your waveguides compared to the same units on a flat baffle of equivalent area?

Posting that type of information would certainly aid in knowing what to think about the waveguides.

They look nice, regardless of the response!

Art

Dave,

Do you have any comparisons of the polar response of various tweeters using your waveguides compared to the same units on a flat baffle of equivalent area?

Posting that type of information would certainly aid in knowing what to think about the waveguides.

They look nice, regardless of the response!

Art

Art,
Did you find my picasa link on my "About" page? Here is a link
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/myphotos
I show flat baffle measurements along with the waveguide measurements. I take them at 0,20,30,40,50 and 60 degrees. I Just finished up with measurements on the SB29 and posted measurements with flat baffle, two different guides and a set comparing flat baffle vs an elliptical guide at each axis. Those give you a real good idea of how the guide boosts at each axis. My goal is usually to have good boost all the way up to about 60 degrees and have boost up in the 12 - 18 kHz range.
We will be adding a link on the guide page for each guide with measurements. I'll have to rearrange my picasa set up to do this. I've decided to use the picasa site so I can easily add tweeter pics and measurements without changing the site all the time. I can also email any measurements anybody would like for comparison.
I'm by far not an expert so any suggestions are welcome.
I have a dedicated amp set up and a measuring area so all my measurements are taken in the same environment and spl level.
Dave

SB29RDCN response

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.
flat+vs+L8+20.png

This is an example of Dave's work with the SB29RDCN. This comparison is for a flat baffle (blue) mount compared to waveguide (red) @ 20 degrees. It can be found in his link
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.