Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

NaO Note II RS
NaO Note II RS
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th March 2019, 08:54 PM   #561
jamite is offline jamite  Canada
diyAudio Member

Do you use the minidsp as a preamp then?

There do seem to be quite a few options for pro audio computer interfaces. It may be worth looking into down the road but for now the minidsp is doing well. Since you're running a PC anyway I could see how that would be pretty convenient. I have an all in one touchscreen pc sitting around that could be utilized for this. There's something to be said for the simplicity of the constantly powered minidsp and how you just load files and never really have to fiddle with it beyond that if you don't want to.

I'll be keeping an eye on the DLCP. The Note II would have to implement two of them I'm assuming given that they're only six channel? The Nadja looks decent but buying into a dead project with something so reliant on software seems like a gamble.
Old 12th March 2019, 06:02 AM   #562
silent mike is offline silent mike  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamite View Post
Do you use the minidsp as a preamp then?
No, the miniDSP volume control is kept at 100%, I use JRiver, on a wireless media keyboard and/or Gizmo remote (for JRiver) on my android phone.

The PC sits under my 60" TV, which gets used for main control interface for music play with JRiver, plus Netflix. Speakers & miniDSP get used for Netflix too -- sounds excellent except for the too-frequent mumbling that's all the rage for male actors these days.

Quote:
There's something to be said for the simplicity of the constantly powered minidsp and how you just load files and never really have to fiddle with it beyond that if you don't want to.
Yup.
Old 15th March 2019, 07:00 AM   #563
jamite is offline jamite  Canada
diyAudio Member

Hmmm, that's not a bad idea. Gizmo looks like a decent way of remotely controlling things when a media keyboard or easy access to a screen is not available. I will keep that in mind thank you!

Would there be any benefit to creating an adjustable plinth for the NaO's? Something that could implement a little bit of forward or backward tilt. I know the drivers are time aligned through the mini dsp so does that make it pretty much a pointless endeavor? I had some sort of X frame with adjustable spikes in mind but have a feeling that it would be more aesthetic than anything.

NaO Note II RSHide this!Advertise here!