Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

rePhase, a loudspeaker phase linearization, EQ and FIR filtering tool
rePhase, a loudspeaker phase linearization, EQ and FIR filtering tool
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 6th October 2019, 06:33 PM   #2801
pos is offline pos  Europe
diyAudio Member

have you tried the waw export formats in rephase?
Old 6th October 2019, 09:49 PM   #2802
mike247 is offline mike247  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pos View Post
have you tried the waw export formats in rephase?
Yes - the .wav format works with Roon - but when I export in this format from rePhase I get a message saying that the level has been lowered to avoid clipping - and the amount of level reduction seems to vary between different sample rates. The message suggested that this could be avoided by using '.dbl' format which is why I tried this approach.
Old 7th October 2019, 06:24 AM   #2803
mike247 is offline mike247  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Looks like the problem was with the way that I created the .cfg file which Roon uses to parse the filters (Roon requires all filters and .cfg files to be contained in a single .zip file).

My first attempt was to create one .cfg file with links to all 12 .dbl files (44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 and 192 for L and R channels). This didn't work.

My second attempt was to create a separate .cfg file for each pair of LR filters - so the .zip file for use in Roon now had 18 files - 6 .cfg files and 12 .dbl files). This works.

Interesting to note that, when looking at the signal path in Roon, filters created using rePhase show as using 16K taps - this is consistent with what I exported - I used the default setting in rePhase of 16,384. If I use .wav files from rePhase they show the same - 16K taps - as expected.

If, however, I export .wav impulse files from REW then the size of the .wav files is bigger - 584Kb for 44.1KHz - and varies by sample rate - 2.1Mb for 192KHz. When the filters exported from REW are used Roon signal path shows 131K taps. The .wav files exported from rePhase are 16Kb.

Should I be using more taps when exporting from rePhase?
Old 7th October 2019, 03:06 PM   #2804
diyAudio Member

You should probably use more taps for the higher sampling rates.
Think in term of FIR duration, not pure taps, because duration is the parameter that defines the filtering capability (resolution) of a given FIR.

For example an arbitrary 1Hz resolution requires a 1sec FIR, ie 48000 taps at 48kHz and 192000 taps at 192kHz.

Last edited by pos; 7th October 2019 at 03:08 PM.
Old 18th October 2019, 11:09 PM   #2805
John Hi is offline John Hi  New Zealand
diyAudio Member

Default Delay Video in Windows

Hello, I'm new here, but not new to rePhase.

I have a Windows based system, running rePhase (+REW & eq APO). It drives my 3 way active open baffle speakers very well. Been running great for ~ 2 years now. Thank you very much Pos.

rePhase does my FIR filters, driver EQ, and some room EQ, all (approx) linear phase. But this means I need lots of taps, and so have 103mS delay.

It works absolutely brilliant for music. Not so much for video with the delay.

Does anyone know a way to delay video in Windows to align with the audio?

Sorry if this has been covered before, or would be better on another forum. I did search, but didn't see anything relevant - mostly suggestions on reducing audio delay, which I obviously can't do here.
Old 19th October 2019, 09:24 AM   #2806
wesayso is offline wesayso  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

I run JRiver as a media player that allows me to sync audio and video. Works quite well and has a convolver as standard tool to use the FIR files. I bet there are more media players out there that allow you to sync.

Some streaming services allow audio/video sync, even Netflix has it available behind a certain key combination (I forgot wich, I don't use it anymore). You'd have to re-sync for every new file though.

Just google for it and you come across solutions like this:
YouTube Audio Sync Tool - Chrome Web Store
Old 19th October 2019, 10:54 PM   #2807
diyAudio Member

Thank you.
I really like your build pages and contributions on here.

I will bear in mind Jriver, but was looking for a more system wide solution, like Equaliser APO, but for video, if there is such a thing.
Old 20th October 2019, 11:52 AM   #2808
diyAudio Member

You need to find a screen with a 100ms input lag
Old 20th October 2019, 10:59 PM   #2809
diyAudio Member

It must be possible to make a buffer though.
Don't some screens buffer a frame or two of video during processing anyway?

rePhase, a loudspeaker phase linearization, EQ and FIR filtering toolHide this!Advertise here!