no thiele small parameters

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
T/S parameters are what you use to size the boxes and select the proper port alignment. Sealed is more tolerant. Building speakers without the ability to measure is usually not a happy experience. This is engineering.

If you described the drivers, maybe someone will have measured them, or at least some generalizations could be made.

To measure drivers: Download ARTA: ARTA Your Page Title, Make this simple jig:

Attachments

• jig.jpg
    jig.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 228
Don't have a Digital Volt, Ohm meter yet? Spend at least 100 Euros, keep it up, treat it nice & it will last decades.

Your PC can generate sine-waves with some free software, pipe it thru an amp, measure the voltages thru the simple circuit set-up for the driver.
I did this on an unknown 'Car-audio" 6X9 .....Pioneer didn't release any specs. I got an Fs of 60 Hz, a Qtc of 1.06.....It's easy really.

______________________________________________________Rick.........

i dont have any electronic testing equipment and seems like i may need some. I have looked into it and dont have the equipment. Im not a total chump. Im lookin for help not sarcasm. If you are offering sarcasm keep it to yourself. Dont spend your time on forums having little digs at people like me who dont know everything but want to learn so i can progress. You wouldnt be like that to someones face so dont do it here.

You need a PC with a sound card, couple of resistors, a copy of ARTA, and some effort. Cost is not a blocker.

My all time favorite tool is still WooferTester II which runs about $150 US, but you can get started for almost free. I have a used Fluke multimeter and an old B&K LCR meter from e-bay. WT-II can actually measure L and C. Old school is a VTVM, Signal generator and some precision resistors. Takes forever. Use a PC.

Speaker design is ENGINEERING. It is WORK. I have spent about 35 years raising to the rookie point, and I had a degree in electronics to get me started. Don't expect a few quick answers because there aren't any. Put in the effort, and we will help. There are fine folks in this forum who actually do this for a living.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.