updating crossover resistors, but which ones?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello chaps.

I'm looking to upgrade my resistors in my Tannoy Monitor Gold crossovers... None original btw.

I have these in the tweeter section:

10R (in line with the autoformer)
20R (in line with the 10R but bypassed with a 1.5uf cap)
50R (in line with the autoformer but going straight to ground)
12R (padding for the notch filter)

..and a 6R8 strapped across + & ground in the LF

Which ones would be the most important to upgrade?

Many thanks

Last edited:
As long as they are all amply rated for power, most resistors will sound pretty much identical in this application.

However, almost everyone seems to notice something going on when bulk foil or bulk film type resistors are used, other processes as well, these include resistors like the Caddock and the Vishay - the ones in the plastic packages that look a bit like transistors.

But I would agree that taking care of your room's acoustics might be the first step forward.

Also make sure you have high quality caps in the xover. I'd address those before the resistors.

_-_-bear

Cheers fellas.

Room acoustics are pretty much done. I have some standing waves in the center of the room but I'll need to get those sorted later.

Righto.. My caps are Claritycap ESA's.. looking to upgrade the first cap in the tweeter (6.8uf) with a ClarityCap MR which pretty much takes care of the majority of stuff from 1khz along with the Duelund cast resistors... These are a bit minty so just wondering which ones would be the most beneficial?

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.