B&W CT 7.3 OR Klipsch thx ultra 2 clone

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I would like to build a clone of either the Klipsch Ultra 2 or B&W CT 7.3. I can buy the klipsch 6.5 cerematallic drivers but not sure which HORN to use. As far as B&W CT 7.5 I assume I can use pretty much any 2 8" woofers, 6" mid, and 1" tweeter. The box design should be simple (its just a square box) lol.. My biggest enemy is the crossover. Can I buy a crossover already made? or will have to design and build my own? I have never built a crossover and although im sure there are tons of websites Im worried I may still screw it up. If I seen it built from scratch (youtube video) or similar I would have great confidence.
Any help would be appreciated.. Which is easier or better to build? The Klispch or B&W..... I cant justify $1500.00 per speaker when im sure it can be DIYed for less than $500.00.
Am I wrong?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.